Implant-Retained Dentures – Fairfield, OH
Increased Functionality and Support for a Longer-Lasting Smile
When living with missing teeth, you may discover you have difficulty performing even the most common daily tasks. Trying to speak clearly can be embarrassing, and eating the foods you love may no longer be an option. The good news is that you don’t have to continue to live this way. Instead, you can visit Dr. Andrew Dine to find out if you are a qualified candidate for implant-retained dentures in Fairfield. With the help of a trusted professional, you can enjoy a fully restored smile that looks natural, increases your bite function, and can last decades or longer with proper care. To find out if you are eligible for treatment, contact us today to schedule an appointment.
How Do Implant-Retained Dentures Work?
Unlike traditional dentures that only sit on top of your gums and require your natural suction to remain in place, implant-retained dentures are anchored with the help of 6-8 dental implants in Fairfield. These small titanium posts mimic the natural tooth structure and continue to stimulate your jawbone for increased stability.
Depending on your individual needs, you can receive a fixed denture or an overdenture, which is removable.
Am I a Candidate for Implant-Retained Dentures?
The only way to know for sure if you are a qualified candidate for implant-retained dentures is to schedule a consultation with Dr. Dine. It is during this visit that he will evaluate your bone, gum health, and facial structure.
You can expect to be cleared for surgery if you:
- Are missing all or most of your natural teeth
- Have good gum health
- Do not smoke
- Exhibit good general health and do not suffer from any potentially compromising conditions that could inhibit the success of your implant placement
- Have good jawbone density to support your denture
Even if your jawbone is not strong enough, it may be possible to inquire about alternative solutions and procedures that will allow you to move forward with dental implants.
The Implant-Retained Dentures Procedure
Once you are cleared to undergo surgery, Dr. Dine will connect you with an implant dentist in Fairfield who will perform the surgical portion of your treatment. Partnering with only the best in the area, Dr. Dine will ensure your smile is in trusted hands.
Your dentist will administer anesthesia to ensure you remain pain-free throughout the procedure before making small incisions in your gums to expose the underlying bone. Carefully placing each implant into its designated area, they will close the gum tissue and provide you with detailed instructions regarding your recovery at home.
You will spend between 3-6 months healing and allowing osseointegration to occur. This is the process of your dental implants fusing with the bone and surrounding tissues. Once this is complete, you will return to have your metal abutments and customized denture put into place.
Benefits of Combining Dentures & Dental Implants
- Implant-retained dentures look and feel more natural than the traditional alternative
- Dentures that are anchored by dental implants in Fairfield work to improve your oral health by continuing to stimulate your jawbone and prevent some of the most common problems associated with tooth and bone loss (i.e., facial collapse)
- These restorations are easy to maintain and can last decades or more with regular care
- You’ll enjoy a stronger bite force, allowing you to eat all the foods you love